Friday, July 20, 2007

Dem hopefuls

I'm not one to handicap the horses, but I do like to check them out and see which one I prefer to win. I'm not sure about this race at the moment. They've barely made it out of the gate, but at the moment...

Obama seems just too damned young and inexperienced for my taste. He's got some very good stances on matters of policy, and great stage presence but I think he's not ready for the big leagues yet given that there are so many other candidates with much more federal and executive experience.
I'm digging Hillary more as time goes on. I very much like the confrontation she's having with the Pentagon at the moment. In 2000, when her name was first tossed about as a potential Pres candidate, I didn't think she had the skills and experience to do a great job as President. But, I think she's learned a great deal during her time in the Senate and her skills in negotiating have improved greatly.
John Edwards is still cool by me. Always was, still is.
Joe Biden has the best solution on Iraq in his pocket. That also makes him cool by me.
Bill Richardson has some GREAT credentials as far as experience goes.

All in all, this group would make a great cabinet regardless of which one of the is the nominee.

No comments: