Friday, August 31, 2007

I am NOT gay

I've tried to find something horribly wrong with Senator Craig's toilet encounter. I think Republicans are evil people who should not have the keys to my country, so I'm a partisan who wants to 'dirty and good man's reputation' in this case. However, I don't understand what he did wrong. Shoe-to-shoe contact under the stall partition with a disputed reach-under doesn't seem so bad to me. From what I can tell, the cop was in the wrong and the Senator was in the right.

The entertaining angle on this is (aside from the mental images of these two guys in stalls) is the way the Republicans are denouncing his actions in the nastiest possible terms. Without the slightest hint of specificity on why, they want this guy gone. Not now, but yesterday. I hope it is further evidence of the Republican Party falling apart.

Now, for anyone who might have the misfortune of sitting next to me in a public toilet I have the following soundbites ready for anything you might find 'disgusting':
- It is not supposed to smell good, it is shit.
- I don't find anything about this situation to be sexually stimulating. Poop is nasty. There's no wood in this stall.
- If you feel I've crossed over into your space, I'm sorry. That is the last thing I want to do. I would prefer to do this in my own home or in an empty space of my own. I'm doing my best to avoid any social interaction at this time.

No comments: