Monday, February 09, 2009

I might blow Obama

As I write this, the President is conducting a press conference to discuss the status of the stimulus package or 'reinvestment and recovery act' or whatever we are calling this huge spending bill. I am terribly impressed with this man. He understands what is going on in the economy. He has been listening and he's able to explain things simply and clearly. We could not have a better guy in charge at this point. Even bigger, he is a Democrat.

Democrats are the party of pragmatism now. Throw free market fundamentalist philosphic priciples out the window, roll up your sleeves, think, and take government action that will help the citizens of the country. This is fresh and I love it.

It will work. Not quickly, because the hole dug by the fundamentalists is deep. But it will work. I expect the downward spiral to bottom out by the end of the summer.

No comments: